Heritage Interpretation Training Center
Advanced Interpretive Services for Chiefs of Interpretation, Interpretive Services Managers, Regional Interpretive Specialists, Park and Heritage Site Managers, and other professional interpretive specialists.
15 Units, 3 CEU Credits
This course is designed for Chiefs of Interpretation, Interpretive Services Managers, Regional Interpretive Specialists, Park and Heritage Site Managers, and other professional interpretive specialists, who are interested in advancing their knowledge and skills in environmental and cultural interpretation and interpretive services management. The course provides a solid overview of several key managerial issues in interpretation, from interpretive planning, using interpretation to accomplish management issues, interpretive services contracting and critiquing and evaluating interpretive staff.
You can start the course at any time and work through the course at your own speed. This is a internet based course with live interaction with the course instructor.
The course instructor is John Veverka, Director of the Heritage Interpretation Training Center with 40 years of interpretive training experience. He is also currently a Sr. Instructor for Kansas State University -
Resources you will be provided with:
* John Veverkas new college textbook Two Volume e-
* Copies of completed JVA Interpretive Master Plans for Interpretive Projects as examples.
* John Veverkas new Interpretive Trails Book.
* A variety of other handout materials on advanced interpretation.
This course will:
* Provide you with a solid overview of new and updated interpretive concepts and techniques.
* Give you additional expertise in being an interpretive planning project manager.
* Give you direction in writing a Request for Proposal for hiring a consultant to design/fabricate various interpretive services and media.
* Give you specific details of what should be in an Interpretive Master Plan for USCOE Park.
* Give you updated and new strategies for using interpretation to help accomplish your management objectives.
About the Instructor: Prof. John Veverka
Interpretive Master Planning -
advanced interpretive courses including interpretive planning units.)
Carolina State University, New York State University.
What are the Units?
Unit One -
Unit Two -
Unit Three -
Unit Four -
Unit Five -
Unit Six -
Unit Seven -
Unit Eight -
Unit Nine -
Unit Ten -
Unit Eleven -
Unit Twelve -
Unit Thirteen -
Unit Fourteen -
Unit Fifteen -
If you would like more details on this advanced course please feel free to contact me. If you would like to enroll in this course, first contact me for a Registration Form. Then you can return to this page, click on the
Prof. John Veverka
<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-
<input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="WCEH8JP3ES57U">
<input type="image" src="https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_buynowCC_LG.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal -
<img alt="" border="0" src="https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/scr/pixel.gif" width="1" height="1">