Heritage Interpretation Training Center
Exhibit rehab -
and just plain boring exhibits and exhibit galleries
with a limited budget.
A 4 Week Intensive Course
28th of February -
Course Tuition $200.00
Course rehap project -
I know it's hard to admit but sometime you just have to go to rehab! No, not you, your exhibits or exhibit room or exhibit gallery may be the ones that need help. This is the case of the touch table that no one really wants to touch or a glass display case with dead bugs collecting at the bottom. Maybe its label copy done on a "typewriter" that you can't read, or photos that are turning red with dog eared corners. Or exhibits randomly placed that lost their link to your theme or main messages. Yikes! Ready for rehab!
The problem is costs -
Each unit works as a college lecture, with instruction and homework assignments. Support materials for the course include
1. Interpretive Planning e-
2. YouTube Video discussion from the instructor.
3. Related handout materials sent as PDFs.
4. Homework assignments to be send to the instructor.
5. The opportunity to talk with the course instructor via phone, SKYPE or e-
Here are the course units.
Unit One -
Unit Two -
Unit Three -
So what if your site doesn't have an interpretive plan, theme and objectives for your total interpretive media presentation? Did your theme and objectives are outdated or changed over time? Unit three asks you to develop or update your total site interpretive theme and objectives that your exhibits, as part of your total interpretive media/services mix now need to illustrate.
Unit Four -
Unit Five -
1. Exhibits that do illustrate your current theme and accomplishes your objectives.
2. Exhibits that somewhat illustrates your theme and objectives, but will need rehab to make them more effective.
3. Exhibits that do not have anything to do with illustrating your theme and objectives. These exhibits can be planned for removal or, if in cases, re-
4. New exhibits that will be needed to fill in the holes in your storyline presentation and better illustrate your current/new theme and total site objectives.
Unit 6 -
1. The sub-
2. The objectives the rehabbed exhibit will be able to accomplish.
3. What it is you plan to do for the rehab (new photos, new text, create an interactive experience, add an audio device, etc.) keeping in mind what you can do in-
Unit 8 -
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Course tuition and registration payment:
<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-
<input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="MLTZWCLTJDMKQ">
<input type="image" src="https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_buynowCC_LG.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal -
<img alt="" border="0" src="https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/scr/pixel.gif" width="1" height="1">