Planning and Design of truly
So what makes an interpretive panel "interpretive" vs. just wickapedia on a stick?
Interpretive panel characteristics and design standards:
* Copy/text and design based on Tilden's Interprtive Principles.
* Objective based (learn, feel and do).
* Supports the main interpretive theme of the site/agency in which they are located.
* Targets about 100 words of text or less, at a minimum of 30 point size.
* Considers the audience for which they are intended.
There are a few more and I am happy to send you a copy of our "Interpretive Graphics Standards" developed for the Broads National Park (UK), or for the US Army Corps of Engieers. I would also be happy to send you a copy of our bulletin "Planning truly interpretive panels".
Here are a few examples of our work.
Interpretive panels don't have to be square, and can be designed to be interactive, including audio panels, and using QR codes and cell phone interpretation. Let us know if you have any questions at all. firstname.lastname@example.org