Developing and Managing Successsful Partnerships for
Heritage Interpretation Agencies and Organizations
Twelve Units, 3 CEU Credits ($300.00 USD)
In today's world of financial challenges, many agencies look toward developing partnerships with other organizations, agencies, business entities and volunteer friends groups to help them accomplish their missions while reducing overhead costs. In considering such efforts, it is to the benefit of organizations to use/develop formal partnership agreements, including agreements for volunteer "friends of..." organizations designed to help sponsor and support agency work, such as sending staff to interpretive conferences or purchasing equipment. It is the goal of this course to help agencies new to considering and developing partnerships or friends groups understand how partnership agreements work, their benefits and their contractual needs. As part of this course we will coach you in developing your partnership plan and help you develop your partnership documents such as a "Memorandum of Understandings" or "Cooperative Agreements".
If you're interested in this course, visit with me at: https://youtu.be/Jc7q0q2qtXg
Resources you will be provided with:
* John Veverkas new (2013) college textbook Two Volume e-
* Interpretive Master Planning -
* Interpretive Master Planning -
* Copies of completed partnering agreement and friend group management forms.
* Additional handout materials.
Who is this course for?
* Individuals, agencies or organizations that may currently be involved in the development of partnership agreements and cooperative agreements.
* Individuals, agencies or organizations that are planning on developing partnership opportunities in the future for their agency or organizatiion.
* Individuals (consultants) offering interpretive planning services who do not possess a college level
degree in interpretive services management or have little or no training in development of partnership
* Any individual interested in advancing their knowledge and skill level in heritage interpretation in the area of developing partnership agreements or volunteer group management.
This course will:
* Guide you in developing your partnership agreement (with HITC coaching and support),
* Give you expertise in developing and managing partnership agreements.
* Give you specific details of what should be in an different partnership agreements for interpretive
agencies and organizations.
* Give you a skill level in reviewing current partnership agreements.
Your final project for this course will be:
Develop an interpretive partnership agreement working draft for your agency or organization.
Interpretive planning training workshop for partners of the National Arboretum of South Korea
Beacdeagu Forest Mountain Reserve Conservation Center conference.
Interpretive Master Planning -
advanced interpretive courses including interpretive planning units.)
Carolina State University, New York State University.
What are the units?
Unit 1 -
Unit 2 -
Unit 3 -
Unit 4 -
Unit 5 -
Unit 6 -
Unit 7 -
How will you know if the partnership is "successful"
How will you know if/when the partnership is not longer needed?
Unit 8 -
Who will write the contract or letter of agreement?
Who will be responsible for any fiscal accounting?
Who will be responsible for staff functions?
Unit 9 -
Help with funding?
Help with staffing?
Help with administration of the project.
Provide credibility to the project?
Unit 10 -
Some guiding principles for volunteer management.
Whose in charge?
Management and Money
Your volunteer management manual and plan.
Unit 11 -
Unit 12 -
Estimated time to complete this course is 30 hours but you can take your time if you are working on a partnership planning project using this course as your guide.
When will the course start? You can start this course at any time and work at your own pace. It is estimated that it will take about 30 hours to complete this course. The cost of the 30 hours of training is $300.00 USD, which can be paid for by credit card or PayPal at the
As the course is limited to 10 participants at one time, if you would like to see if the course has current openings or have us send you the course Registration Form, or if you have any questions at all please feel free to ask: firstname.lastname@example.org.
<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-
<input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="VE3X8MQ77NKRL">
<input type="image" src="https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_buynowCC_LG.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal -
<img alt="" border="0" src="https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/scr/pixel.gif" width="1" height="1">