Interpretive Planning for Historic Homes and Gardens.
13 Units -
We are pleased to offer our new course on Interpretive Planning for Historic Homes and Gardens. While the course is intended to help small historic homes/gardens with small staff and budgets, participants for larger historic homes or museums and historic organizations that manage one or more historic homes will find the course to be very beneficial for their short and long term planning, marketing and budgeting.
Before you start this course visit with me at: https://youtu.be/cQZqj4-
Resources you will be provided with:
* John Veverkas new (2013) college textbook Two Volume e-
* Interpretive Master Planning -
* Interpretive Master Planning -
* Copies of completed JVA Interpretive Master Plans for Historic Homes as examples.
* Additional handout materials.
Who is this course for?
* Individuals, agencies or organizations that may currently be involved with an interpretive
master planning project for their historic home/garden.
* Individuals, agencies or organizations that are planning on developing an interpretive master
plan in the future for their site or organization.
* Individuals offering interpretive planning contract services who do not possess a college level degree in
interpretive services or who have not had any formal training in interpretive master planning.
* Any individual interested in advancing their knowledge and skill level in heritage interpretation planning
with a focus on Historic Homes and Gardens.
This course will:
* Guide you in developing your interpretive plan yourself or with other team members.
* Give you expertise in being an interpretive planning project manager.
* Give you direction in writing a Request for Proposal for hiring a consultant to do an
interpretive master plan for you if you don't want to do the interpretive plan yourself.
* Give you specific details of what should be in an Interpretive Master Plan for a Historic Home and
* Give you skills in reviewing draft interpretive master plans prepared by others.
total interpretive site (home, garden, related out buildings).
and services planning.
future interpretive experiences for your market groups.
Your final project for this course will be:
About the Instructor: Prof. John Veverka
Interpretive Master Planning -
advanced interpretive courses including interpretive planning units.)
Carolina State University, New York State University.
What are the course units?
Unit One -
Unit Two -
* Developing your main interpretive theme.
* Developing your learning, behavioral and emotional objectives.
* Developing your interpretive story line flow chart.
Unit Three -
* Historic Home Exterior Landscape/Gardens and Outbuildings
* Parking lot to entrance wayfinding
* Individual room and walkway stories
* Existing tour routes (guided or self-
* Inventory of Interpretive Experiences.
* Inventory of Current interpretive products or services.
* Developing your site inventory location map (exterior and house map).
Unit Four -
* Who are your current market groups.
* What market groups do you want to add?
* What are the kinds of experiences you feel that your visitors want.
* Conducting visitor surveys.
* Visitor motivations for selecting and attending interpretive programs and
Unit Five -
Unit Six -
* Site visitor flow management.
Unit Seven -
* Live guided tours
* Cell phone interpretation.
* Printed self-
* Interpretive videos
Unit Eight -
and story development form sets. (Sample interpretive plans sent as example of form use.)
Unit Ten -
Unit 11 -
Unit 12 -
planning project) or interpretive trail panning outline/check-
interpretive plan in the future.
Estimated time to complete this course is 30 hours but you can take your time if you are working on a planning project using the course as your guide. FYI -
When will the course start? You can start this course at any time and work at your own pace. It is estimated that it will take about 30 hours to complete this course. The cost of the 30 hours of training is $225.00 USD, which can be paid for by credit card or PayPal via the
As the course is limited to 10 participants at one time, if you would like to see if the course has current openings or have us send you the course Registration Form, or if you have any questions at all please feel free to ask: firstname.lastname@example.org
<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-
<input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="5G644QW7L5KKU">
<input type="image" src="https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_buynowCC_LG.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal -
<img alt="" border="0" src="https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/scr/pixel.gif" width="1" height="1">